They say a picture is worth a thousand words. For several weeks now my (non)posts have been missing about a thousand words each.
I have thought of things to write; I’ve even written a few posts in my head that never made it to paper or internet. I have wanted to write, but the gumption just wasn’t there, or I was out of town, or sick, or busy….
So, I thought I’d catch you up on what has been going on and let the pictures tell the story (there may be some words, ok).
1. The front porch received a much needed overhaul (this spanned April and May and included my brother. It is June and we still have a few tweaks to finish):
Proverbs 24:3-4 – applies to porches too, I would think:
By wisdom a house is built,
and through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms are filled
with rare and beautiful treasures.
2. We also took a vacation in April, but any posting I was doing that month was mostly on my other blog, Orange Comma, for the National Poetry Writing Month. Vacation was really a retreat. We love to go to Fairhaven, which is in Roan Mountain, Tennessee, not too far from the North Carolina Border. We love the peacefulness and we’re within an hour of several places that are touristy if we want that. We mostly just soak in the peace and rest and read. Here are a few pictures from this year:
I WAS GLAD WHEN THEY SAID UNTO ME, LET US GO INTO THE HOUSE OF THE LORD
3. In the midst of traveling and redoing I took a week off to be sick. No pictures available. Proverbs 17:22:
A joyful heart is good medicine…
4. The most exciting thing that happened while I was not writing a thousand words was that Mr Piano graduated. He is now Doctor Mister Piano. He received his DMA degree (Doctor of Musical Arts in piano performance) from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky on May 17. WooHoo! Finally! Yea! We have some pictures to prove it:
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
5. We celebrated 29 years of marriage on June 2. It was Sunday and Mr. Piano had an afternoon rehearsal, so we went to a local Mexican restaurant for a meal and didn’t really do a major celebration. We may take a day trip soon in honor of the event. Either way every day with Mr. Piano is a celebration, so we’re all good. Here is a picture or a few of the original event all those years ago:
Ok, so I think this about sums up what I’ve been doing the past several weeks, you know, when I wasn’t writing. If you already knew this stuff, then I apologize for boring you further. I’ll try to come up with some fresh perspective to write about soon.
6. Oh, I almost forgot. I did visit several cemeteries on Memorial Day – one I had never been to before where several of my ancestors were buried, like my great great grandparents and uncles. It was a peaceful, sweet little cemetery in the middle of a farm that is now privately owned:
One thought on “Pictures Worth Thousands of Words and Roads Less Traveled”