My favorite Artists / Songs list is somewhat eclectic. Music touches a place deep in my soul. Once that connection has been made, then the song is timeless for me. Some songs touch a far away place that is haunting, others live closer to home and speak to me in the day to day patterns of life. Some of it is just for fun, or brings back a memory. I have broken this list into two categories Non-Christian (which is pretty much pop, country and rock) and Christian. Today is the Non-Christian list.
1. Celine Dion. Love her music. Pretty much anything she does. If I had to choose a favorite it would be Power of Love.
2. Elton John. Again. Love his music. Pretty much anything, although I tend to prefer the older stuff. Favorite? Do I have to choose a favorite? OK Sad Songs and Honky Cat and of course I have to include Crocodile Rock and one more – Candle in the Wind
3. Linda Ronstadt. Most of her stuff. Favorite, probably Blue Bayou
4. The Eagles. Don Henley. Greatest Hits. All of them. I’ll pick Desperado
6. Rod Stewart (again, not everything – he was pretty risque when I was growing up) but, I love his gravely voice and one of my favorites is Forever Young
7. Bryan Adams – love his voice. This should probably have been at the top of the list along with Celine. It, along with Power of Love are my favorite love songs. Ever. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman
6. Sting and The Police. Every Breath You Take
7. I love this combination of Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart and Sting All For Love
8. Anne Murray – love, love her voice. Low and smooth. We used one of her songs at our Wedding. You Needed Me It was 1984. OK.
11. Clay Aiken – my favorite American Idol contestant. Ever. I just love his voice – soulful, reaches deep. He should have won. Loved his version of Without You
12. Duffy – like her voice -it is edgy and different. Favorite song of hers – Mercy
13. Billy Ray Cyrus (I can’t really explain it or help it) He is a Kentucky boy. I like a lot of his songs. Of course the obvious choice is Achy Breaky Heart – This one is a little more serious – She’s Not Cryin’ Anymore
16. Or, Jeannie C Riley singing Harper Valley PTA
It’s been fun finding some of my favorites that I haven’t listened to for a while. I could add more and I’m pretty sure a favorite Artists / Songs list is never really complete or even static as things change. So, here is hoping you will be inspired to think of some of your own favorites. I’m not sure what insights this list gives you about me, if any, but feel free to comment!