In October I participated in write31days.com. It was my third year to do this and, while I finished, I did skip a few days. I also did mostly pictures on several days. It seemed that my whole October pivoted around the writing challenge, so I thought I’d review from those pages to see what I learned through the process of the challenge. The numbers in the list refer to the day from the 31 Days, Prompted To Write, that corresponds with the learning experience.
2. I learned that in the midst of my deepest pain, I can still laugh. With Joy. On this day I also learned that the essence of my Mom is still here, even if her mind is confused.
3. I learned that I can’t be all things to all people and still be me. I need balance and perspective. It’s ok to know this, because God’s grace is enough.
6. I learned that I love rainy days. I don’t love depression, but I can still praise God in the storms.
8. I was once again reminded that my mom wants to be Minnie Pearl. I also learned that life does not have to be perfect and the ability to laugh at yourself is priceless.
9. I learned to be thankful for slammed doors and to wait with expectation to see how God will open a window. And he will. He will provide the work he wants us to do. I’ve also changed how I pray for that work.
13. 14. 17. 20. 29. I was reminded once again just why Autumn is my favorite time of year and how much I love drives and taking photos of the fall splendor. I also discovered that there is much beauty not too far from my own back door. I found a breathtaking view just a few miles away in a most unassuming location, just waiting for me to bask in it’s panorama. I was once again reminded of why I call this My October
16. I was reminded that the testimonials of a man’s character and how he was an influence in the lives of so many is the real legacy left behind.
25. I learned to look for Vignettes around my own home and was inspired to share a few with you, thanks to the Nester and her 31 Day Topic, Vignette Me.
27. I was inspired to worship under the ministry of my husbands piano playing for a congregation in his home town. It was a sweet day. Like getting a glimpse into heaven. (in the original post I linked to him playing a bluesy version of Nothing But The Blood) Go ahead, click over, I promise you’ll be inspired.
28. I was blessed by the wonder of friendship and reminded of how important it is to meet halfway for the sheer joy of celebrating that friendship.
31. I found an old letter from my mom that reminded me of the beauty of forgiveness. I was also reminded why my ears don’t stick out (just go read the note at the end of Day 31).
I’d love to hear from you – what did you learn in October?
I’m linking with Emily over at Chatting at the Sky for her monthly link-up on what we learned. You can check out what others are learning here.
Learning and remembering in grace,