When someone asks me my favorite anything – book, movie, historical period, food etc. – I have trouble narrowing down my choice to just one. I always have more than one favorite. Therefore, I can’t have just one favorite color. I have a few. When I was in school blue was everybody’s favorite color so I chose yellow because I wanted to be different. Turns out yellow is not my favorite color. Blue is. Two shades to be exact. And about fifty shades of white. And orange. Yep. Orange. And pink has even crept onto the list over the past few years….
Today I am sharing some of my favorite paint colors over at Decor to Adore, the blog home of Laura Ingalls Gunn. I came across Laura’s blog a few years ago and have been a follower ever since. She is charming, gracious and has wonderful home decor ideas. I would love for you to join me over there today for the rest of the true colors story, and while you are there be sure to look around her blog, she may just become one of your favorite reads as well!
Sweeping colors in Grace,
Resting in Grace,
You can click on the picture to make it larger. If you “borrow” this picture for personal use, please give credit to the source.
Fall. Y’all. I’m an Autumn girl for sure.
These are Just a few of my favorite things of fall:
1. Cooler temperatures
2. The splash of fall color
3. Hot Apple Cider
4. The smell of Cinnamon
5. A pot of soup simmering on the stove
6. White Pumpkins
7. My October
8. Curling up all cozy with a favorite book
9. Bringing out the quilts
10. The satisfying crunch of leaves under foot
11. Shades of Indigo
What about you. What is your favorite season and why? What are your fall favorites?
Falling into Grace,
Teresa (Sadie Grace)
She Paints with many colored brooms…. e.d.
I can’t have just one favorite color. I have a few. When I was in school blue was everybody’s favorite color so I chose yellow because I wanted to be different. Turns out yellow is not my favorite color. Blue is. Two shades to be exact. And about fifty shades of white. And orange. Yep. Orange.
1. Cobalt Blue – this is my kitchen accent color. I even have a cobalt blue chalkboard wall in my kitchen
If you look at the ceiling in the adjoining room you will see my other favorite shade of blue.
2. A light aqua / Tiffany shade of blue. I have a room ceiling and two closets painted this shade. My front Porch ceiling is also in this family.
3. Creamy whites. I also love Whites for decorating. I drool over mostly white rooms. Several of my interior rooms are painted Bleached Linen by Behr, but mixed in a Valspar paint.
This is the workroom before we moved in. It had such possibilities. I could show you a picture of how it looks now, but….well, we’ll save that for another day.
4. Orange is also a favorite color. It is my happy color. It is a color that my sister and I have in common (we call ourselves sister orange, or is it orange sister?). I don’t decorate with orange, although I did see a killer laundry room once with an orange ceiling and it was mentally filed for future consideration. It is from Mary Anne Smiley Interiors. In her collection of closets and utility rooms it is numbers 12, 13 and 14. Love it! All her spaces are beautiful.
There you have it – a few of my favorite colors. I also love the show of color that autumn puts on – especially those hot pink melting into red fire colored leaves. You know the one’s I’m talking about:
I hope you are splashing in color today. Leave a comment and tell me your favorite color, or two, or three.
Splashing in grace,