Yesterday I gave you a list of several of my favorite secular songs. Today, I am listing some of my favorite Christian songs. This list will include everything from Southern Gospel to Contemporary Christian. I mentioned yesterday that music touches a place deep in my soul. That is certainly no less true for Christian songs. Songs of faith have a deeper meaning and help build my faith walk. Sometimes, a sermon, or a scripture or devotional will make me think of a song and I will find myself singing the words. The songs on this list are songs that have touched me deeply at some point in my life, or they have just made me happy to sing.
1. Hillsongs and Darlene Zschech would be at the top of my list. So many of their songs have made their way to the depths of my soul. Dwelling Places , Power of Your Love, My Redeemer Lives, I will Run To You and of course the classic Shout To The Lord
2. Casting Crowns – Praise You In The Storm
3. Chris Tomlin – Powerful worship songs – Everlasting God, Here I Am To Worship, and Forever just to name a few
4. Kutless – What Faith Can Do
7. Sandi Patti – anything she sings. Holy Ground
8. The Prayer – this version is with Charlotte Church and Josh Groban or this one with Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli
9. Did I forget to Pray – Billy Ray Cyrus (he actually has a pretty good gospel CD) And just for fun, this one with Jaci Velasques singing Come Just As You Are – And did you ever see him in Doc? I rest my case. That last has nothing to do with favorite songs – just threw that in as a bonus
10. Kathy Troccoli – Go Light Your World – I love her voice
11. Gaither Vocal Band – Michael English – I Bowed On My Knees
12. Peace In The Valley – Elvis
13. I Love You Lord
14. Michael W. Smith – Above All
15. The Getty’s – In Christ Alone, The Power Of The Cross
16. I Surrender All
18. This is My Father’s World -I searched for the best version of this song and I just found her’s and loved it. She sings it with purity. I’m not a big bluegrass fan, but she could make me a believer.
19. I will Sing – Don Moen
20. Mercy Me – God With Us (All that is within me cries) or this longer version with commentary by the band.
Again, This list could have more songs and with time favorites will come and go. These songs speak to my heart and soul. I hope you too will find comfort and joy in them and maybe you will find a new favorite.
Singing in grace,
Teresa (aka Sadie)