Today’s post is Part of a 31 Day writing series where I will choose moments from my life and let them be my writing prompt for the day. On Weekends, I sometimes do a Weekend Toss, which is a combination of links to blogs I have enjoyed, or random updates and sometimes a scripture for Sunday. I have decided to keep the Weekend Toss going, so today’s post will be links to other bloggers in the #Write31days group that I feel prompted to share with you. I hope you click over and check them out. I invite you to come back tomorrow for some Sunday inspiration.
I love to find new blogs to enjoy. One of the exciting things about the 31 Days writing challenge is having so many blogs in one place. They are organized into categories which makes it easier to find topics of interest. Throughout the month of October, I plan to browse each category and find blogs to enjoy. I will highlight some of them here on Saturday’s. This weeks featured blogs come from two different categories – House & Home and Simplicity & Organizing.
Each image used below was created by the blog owner of that blog as their blog button for the series. if you click on the image it will take you to their blog. I hope you enjoy your visits!
1. It is only fitting that the first blog I feature is Nesting Place, as she is the hostess for this mega blog link-up. I found her blog in 2008 and have been a follower ever since. She lets us know that our homes don’t have to be perfect to be beautiful. In addition to her lovely home, she recently renovated a barn for hosting events. I was lucky enough to be in this barn last Saturday with a bunch of writers. Myquillen was a most gracious host and her sister, Emily Freeman along with Christa Wells were very inspiring and encouraging speakers. In her #write31days series, Myquillen shares how we can “create little moments” for our homes. And barns. With stuff we already have.
2. Donna over at Funky Junk Interiors is the queen of junk. She can take what others would consider trash and turn it into functional junk. Some of her stuff is amazing. It makes me wish I knew how to use power tools. Check out her dream box series, but be sure to check out her project tab as well, you will be impressed.
3. Restoration Spring is a new to me blog and I love Michelle’s 31 Day series, Home Recycled. It is only day 3, but I am totally on board with what she is saying. It resonates with me because I know exactly what she means. If only I’d dare to get rid of excess. I’m hoping this series will challenge me to let go and move on.
4. Leanne from Organize and Decorate Everything is helping us be organized in 15 minutes a day. I may not be able to do everything everyday, but I plan to keep this one on my radar, so that when I am ready to tackle some organization projects I’ll have her tips. It’s early in the series, but so far I’m loving how she is breaking down the projects.
5. Jennifer Buell is sharing her experiences of finding balance among moving boxes. Oh, Oh, Oh, I can sooooooooooo relate to this one. I think I’m on address number 20 in 30 years of marriage. She is talking, not just about the move, but the emotions and how she is finding balance in the process. Whether you have moved in the past, are in the middle of a move, or moving soon, you should be able to relate to all the boxes.
6. Ally over at The Bridge Builders Wife started a year long spending fast this past January. I saw an Oprah episode once where a couple had done this and have wanted to attempt it ever since, but alas, this has not happened. I’m hoping reading about Ally’s journey will inspire me to at least try it for a month or two. What about you – do you need some tips on how to quit spending?
Reading in Grace,