1. I love food. It doesn’t always love me back. And it really makes the struggle to lose weight a losing battle. And I don’t mean losing in a good way. But, this is not about my weight battle. This is about my favorite food.
2. My favorite genre of food is Italian. Give me Italian food any day of the week. Or a good cheeseburger will work too. But, if you limit my choices, then make it Italian. I am not Italian. But my taste buds sure are. Somewhere in there a little taste buddy is waving an Italian flag. Ok. cheesy (yes, please, on my Italian entree, or pizza….). I digress again.
3. Italian it is. But, if you want to narrow it down even more to a specific food. Pizza. Hands down. I could eat pizza almost every day of the week. I don’t. But I could. I am having Pizza for dinner tonight (10/1) with salad. Just so I can feel virtuous about eating my vegetables. I do love salad. It pairs well with Italian food, including pizza.
4. I’m not sure when my love affair with pizza began. I remember once, when I was younger, being at my aunt’s house and the adults were playing cards and eating something called pizza. First time I remember hearing about it. For some reason I remember thinking it wasn’t something I wanted to try. I also remember watching American Bandstand at her house too. So, there really is no accounting for the taste of the younger me. I digress again. The point is, at some point in life, I developed a red hot love affair with pizza and it is still going strong.
5. With every move we make (sounds like a song), and there have been lots of moves, we always check out the pizza joints as soon as possible, like before all the boxes are even unpacked. And it doesn’t take us long to find our favorite. In the small town where we currently hang our hat, it happens to be from our local grocer. Yes, in a small corner of their deli department, they do pizza, subs and salads. And they are the best in town. Even better than a popular chain hut that used to be the only place to eat pizza.
6. Prior to our move, we lived in Louisville and of course there were many options for pizza from dine-in only dives to delivery. We tried several of them, but usually relied on faithful papa to deliver right to our door. A few months before we moved, we finally tried one of the local pizza joints we’d heard good things about and were literally swept off our feet. It was that good. My mouth waters now just thinking about it. You can read about our first experience here. It truly was a moment of sheer foodie beauty.
7. I could talk a good while about all the pizza places I’ve been and rank them for you, but I know it is almost time for pick-up and I am starved for the first bite of cheesy goodness with an under note of rich tomatoey sauce (always ask for extra sauce) that so gently nestles the pepperoni, sausage, onion and peppers, just waiting to make my taste buds come alive. I need a moment. Really. Just….wait….one moment.
In case you are wondering why my paragraphs are numbered, let me explain. This is a 31 day series where I do daily LISTS. Of my favorite things. Since I went on and on and on about pizza. My favorite food. Ever. I thought I should at least pretend that it is a list. So, I numbered the paragraphs. It is now a list.
Eating pizza gracefully (probably not),
Teresa (aka Sadie Grace)
5 thoughts on “Favorite Food – 31:2”
Biscuits and white gravy, made either from bacon or sausage. Mmmmmm . . . I remember when I could eat this and not worry about it going straight to my waistline.
me too – now I can just smell it and gain five pounds.
I smiled and loved reading about your pizza addiction! We eat pizza practically every week at our house. I’m looking forward to reading more about your lists!!
We eat pizza far too often!